The Tiny Heart: Guest Post: 6 Ways to Add More You to Your Business Casual Work Clothes

8.05.2015

Guest Post: 6 Ways to Add More You to Your Business Casual Work Clothes

Stylish Business Casual Outfits
Hi Ladies, 
Who said business casual has to be boring? Not me! :) I'm Merrie from Petite Career Girl, and I'm excited to share "6 Ways to Add More YOU to Your Business Casual Work Clothes!" on The Tiny Heart.

When I started my career in IT (a few years ago), I dressed very conservatively. This was essentially my daily look. I would swap out the skirt for Banana Republic's Sloan pants, buy their Fitted Shirts in every color and do likewise with their twin sets. Now, there is nothing wrong with dressing like this. It is FAR better that what I wore when I was an intern, which were polyester suits from Petite Sophisticate with matching stockings and heels. Ugh! Apparently I didn't have concept of business casual yet, because I was the ONLY person in my entire corporation who were a suit everyday.

I still rely on this look when I need to give presentations (the Banana Republic look not the polyester one), or I want to look super polished. However, about 5 years ago, I woke up one day and realized that my work wardrobe bored me. I spent 70% of my time at work, so why not love what I'm wearing? On the weekends I wore lots of colors, but during the week it was one of three uniforms. I didn't even wear jewelry, except for tiny pearl studs! Anyway, I woke up one day, said "this is enough!", and I was off to the mall to inject more "me" into my work wardrobe.

Since everyone has a different style, I've divided this post into six different styles and give styling tips for each one. Ready to get started? Here are my tips to create Stylish Business Casual Outfits that reflect YOU!

1. Colorful/ Eclectic

This one is my favorite style of all! I personally love wearing colors. However, I work in IT and don't want to know as "The Woman w/ the Colored Outfits", so I usually limit bright outfits to once a week.
 5 Ways to Add More YOU to Your Business Casual Work Clothes! | Stylish Business Casual Outfits

2. Feminine

This is my second favorite style. Who doesn't love an outfit that emphasizes your curves?
 5 Ways to Add More YOU to Your Business Casual Work Clothes! | Stylish Business Casual Outfits

3. Classic/ Sophisticated

I love this style! It's the easiest, because it involves mostly neutrals with some details to add interest, so probably everything in your wardrobe matches. You can essentially buy anything at Ann Taylor.
 5 Ways to Add More YOU to Your Business Casual Work Clothes! | Stylish Business Casual Outfits
  

4. Vintage/ Retro

 5 Ways to Add More YOU to Your Business Casual Work Clothes! | Stylish Business Casual Outfits
 

5. Sporty

This look is tougher to do at work, but not impossible! Here are my tips:
 5 Ways to Add More YOU to Your Business Casual Work Clothes! | Stylish Business Casual Outfits

     

    6. Preppy

    You've got it easy! The preppy style lend itself to professional settings, because it's modest and sophisticated.
     5 Ways to Add More YOU to Your Business Casual Work Clothes! | Stylish Business Casual Outfits

    I hope you enjoyed this and thanks for reading! 

    If you are interested in more styling tips, checkout my Online Styling Services, enter the Giveaway and Subscribe to Petite Career Girl!

    a Rafflecopter giveaway

    If you enjoyed these styling tips, checkout my new Online Styling Service at petitecareergirl.com!


    Linking up with:


    Photobucket

    8 comments:

    1. Love finding new petite fashion bloggers to follow!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Love everything about this and such a fan of Petite Career Girl!

      Anna
      alilyloveaffair.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love this post with so many helpful tips!
      http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

      ReplyDelete
    4. love these tips

      http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

      ReplyDelete
    5. This is fantastic!! My office is more casual than business casual, but I always try to be professional and ME at the same time. These are great tips!
      ~Sara

      ReplyDelete
    6. Great ideas and I LOVE the colors!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
      Homecoming Dresses
      Homecoming Dresses

      ReplyDelete
    8. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!..
      Homecoming Dresses

      ReplyDelete

    Please leave me some love! :)