The Tiny Heart: Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Polish Review

7.01.2015

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Polish Review

I kept seeing the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Polish in stores and I was curious about how well it worked. I love the look of gel polish from the salon, but I hated how hard it was to remove. So I finally decided to purchase the Miracle Gel and test it out. It promises "up to 14 days of color and shine" and no light is needed. I purchased it from Target and got the kit of a gel color (Pretty Piggy, a coral color) and the gel top coat ($14.99). The Miracle Gel top coat alone is $7.19 in Target.



Although Sally Hansen wants you to think otherwise, I'm here to tell you that the Miracle Gel top coat works over any polish. I used NYC in Preppy Pink. I applied two coats and then put on one coat of the Miracle Gel top coat. I noticed you have to be careful when applying the gel, or else it will pick up some of the color onto the brush. It seemed to take a little longer than regular polish to dry, but not too long. It dries to a nice, glossy finish.

Day 1:



Day 3: Tiny chip on my pointer finger, but it's barely noticeable.


Gel Day 6: Chipping on multiple nails (my other hand was worse). I decided this was time to remove it.


Removing it was just like regular nail polish. It didn't last as long as a salon gel manicure, but it lasted much longer than just regular polish. Six days is pretty good! For the price, it is definitely worth it! 

PS Enter the Mint Julep Boutique Giveaway!

Linking up with Shanna
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I used the light sally hansen gel polish and I really like it.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six days is pretty good! I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stuff! I was able to last 12 days with only a small chip in mine when I used the Sally Hansen Gel Nail Polish too :) But I agree, it can totally be worn over any nail polish color. Their is no since in buying the gel nail polish when you can buy other polish for cheaper and just use the gel top coat over it. Have you tried Sinful Colors nail polish. It's my favorite and only $2!

    http://elementsofellis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I'm always hesitant to try Sally Hansen stuff due to past experiences, but this looks like a good one!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had some of that polish in my drawer for months now, was just scared it really won't come off, but good to know that it does :) Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried it and wasn't impressed. Only got a couple of days before it peeled off in sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Sally Hansen gel polish in a coral color, much like the one you're wearing in these pictures, and they do stay pretty well, but I wouldn't say they're as good as real gel polishes.
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to try this- thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)