The Tiny Heart: Mad for Red Buffalo Plaid

11.06.2014

Mad for Red Buffalo Plaid




Aeropostale Boys Buffalo Plaid Shirt (similar Womens Old Navy Buffalo Plaid Shirt), Cardigan-JCrew via Poshmark, Necklace-Forever 21, Pants-H&M Kids, Boots-Naturalizer (similar Enzo Angiolini Boots), Bag-Coach

I went on a hunt to find a red buffalo plaid shirt, as I've been seeing them everywhere this year. (Who knew lumberjacks could be so chic? Paul Bunyan was onto something). So many were sold out in my size and I couldn't find one that wasn't ridiculously expensive. So, I decided to look in the boys section. I often buy from the girls section as a petite, but this was my first time browsing boys clothing. I stumbled upon this one from Aeropostale's boys line. I wasn't exactly sure what size to order, but thankfully the size 12 fit (it's a bit wider than expected but the smaller size wouldn't have fit my arms). It was originally $29.50 and I got it on sale for just $17! 
  
 photo LWIGRules_zps26ecaa31.png

1. follow your hosts

Sharon @ The Tiny Heart


2. grab a button
Or link back to one of your hosts, and help us promote Look What I Got!

3. link up!
Link up your post on what you got (for cheap)!
(Please don't link up your entire blog or any posts that are not "Look What I Got"! )

We love having you link up and we will be reading all your posts! So, if you don't follow the rules and link back you'll be put in time out (i.e. we'll delete your link).

4. mix and mingle
Visit some other blogs and let them know you found them through the link up!

22 comments:

  1. So cute! You bow cardi is perfect with the plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving plaid lately!! Can't believe you found that in the boys section. Looks perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some plaid! Just bought a similar top!

    xo
    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for a buffalo plaid shirt, too! I love this outfit. The plaid with that bow cardigan is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this fun pattern mix. I bought a similar shirt from Old Navy and just waiting for a cooler weather to start wearing mine.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. Hope you stop by and join TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea to shop the boys section! I often do that if I'm looking for a sweatshirt or something! I love this entire look, the bow sweater is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon that bow cardi is perfection and lucky you shopping kids section, they have such great pieces and are normally cheaper.

    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute look, the bow cardigan is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to red plaid this fall, and I love your cardigan. The bows are so cute!


    http://www.avecamber.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find. I'm not petite and I shop in the girl section. Here and there. Also hit up the men department too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm loving your plaid top!! SO fun with your cardigan!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. This look is so cute!! Fun mix of plaid and bows! It's fun shopping other sections of the store!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  13. How creative! This is an awesome look. I have always loved this sweater and it goes so well with the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so hooked on Buffalo plaid this year, love this look on you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome idea to check the boys section for something like this! I would have never known! So fun!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so clever checking out the kids section! I love the plaid with the girly element of the bows. Quite the blustery day - love that rogue little leaf!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is such a pretty cardi!
    Hugs xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think plaids looks the best in red.. need a pair myself!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bows and buffalo! AHHH! I adore this! I'm currently stalking this sweater on ebay...cross your fingers for me!

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous necklace.

    thrifting diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)