The Tiny Heart: Utility Trend: Summer to Fall Outfit

9.08.2014

Utility Trend: Summer to Fall Outfit

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, InStyle, Vogue and Elle, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #inspirefallfashion  http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

Now that it's September, everyone has fall fashion on their minds! I love reading up on the latest fall trends to get inspiration for the new season. So, I headed to Target for the September ELLE and InStyle magazines. I was pleased to see in ELLE that the Utility trend will still be going strong for fall (seen on the runways of Alexander Wang and Balmain). Think pockets on everything that are both stylish and functional. 

The weather might still be warm, but you can incorporate the fall trends into your outfits right now. I paired my utility jacket with a summer dress for a summer to fall transition outfit. Bonus, I already had the utility jacket in my closet. It's nice when a trend lasts more than one season!




Jacket-Old Navy (similar Pink Envelope Utility Jacket for $28), Dress-Target (similar Charlotte Russe Striped Dress for $15), Bag-Target (similar Nine West Crossbody Bag), Flats-KensieGirl (similar Report Diana Flat)

Now through September 13, buy any two fall fashion magazines (Elle, InStyle, and/or Vogue) at Target and get a $5 Target gift card! 


Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. It is getting really chilly in the mornings here so a jacket like that is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your utility jacket Sharon, it looks fab layered over the stripes!
    Hugs xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love olive green and pink together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that utility jacket! Super cute!

    Kayla
    www.lovelucygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. we totally are in love with this utility trend and are on the hunt for some jackets of our own! love how you styled yours :)

    xo
    Brittani and Katie
    www.pleasantlypetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo i like the olive green & pink combo. i'm so happy utility jackets are still in this year -- i'm obsessed with mine!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great look for fall. Thanks for sharing the deal on the 2 magazines and get the gift card.

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gimme your shoes!!! Love the cap toe look! This outfit flows so adorably :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great look! I love the utility jacket paired with pops of pink to give it just a bit of girly edge! XO

    Such great choices from you both! Such a great, inspirational post! Love, as always! XO

    Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't tell you how much I have utilized my utility jacket. So. Many. Times. Love it here with the stripes and glitter flats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh that utility jacket is perfect!! Literally the best choice for fall--I need to scoop myself one up :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great jacket! I need to get one like that, I had a different one I'm not so fond of - one in, one out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this deal. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the pink and green combo! super cute outfit!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seriously need to invest in a utility vest or jacket this year... such a great layering piece for transition weather!
    xx, Emily
    shell chic'd

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the utility jacket trend, and I love it with that cute striped dress. Even though it's still warm I've been wanting to add more "fall" to my looks too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the jacket girl!! I really want a utility vest!!

    http://justanothershopaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your dress Sharon! Navy and pink always looks good! Fabulous pink bag!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was so bummed that my local Target didn't have any Elle in stock the other day and missed out the on the $5 gift card. Love the pink stripes with olive!

    BTW, I am hosting my first link up this Thursday and hope you can join me.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a utility vest but need to add a jacket to my closet. They are so versatile! Love your bright pink purse too!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)