The Tiny Heart: 10 Dorm Room Essentials

8.12.2014

10 Dorm Room Essentials


It's August which means it's almost time for going back to school and back to college. If you're heading to college, getting all the items for your dorm room is necessary for your new home. Walmart has everything you need to get your space set up (isn't it great when you can go to just one store?). 


Here are my 10 Dorm Room Essentials: 

1. Cute Comforter: Those dorm beds aren't always the comfiest, but at least they can look cute by picking bedding in a fun pattern. I love this polka dot one!

2. Closet Doubler: I used one of these in my dorm room and it really helped to get my whole wardrobe in that tiny closet. 

3. Mini Fridge: Sure you have the dining hall, but you'll want to be able to store food in your room too.

4. Flat Screen TV: When I went to college, flat screen TVs were super expensive so I had a regular TV. (It took up so much room!). When you need a break from studying, you'll want a TV in your room.

5. Rug: Dorm rooms usually aren't carpeted, so bring a patterned rug.

6. Desk Lamp: Florescent dorm lightning is not the best. Fix that with a desk lamp. 

7. Shoe Rack: Again, the closets are small and if you're a shoe lover, this is a must have.

8. Desk: College may be a lot of fun, but there's also work involved. You'll need a desk for your computer and all your school stuff.

9. Kleenex Expressions Oval Facial Tissue: I'd place these on top of the desk. I love that Kleenex come in this chevron pattern now so they can match your decor!

10. Chair: When friends come over, you'll need extra seating. This chair doesn't take up a lot of room which is perfect in a small space.

All of these items (and many more dorm essentials) can be found at your Walmart!

Please Note: This post was sponsored by Kleenex. However, the opinions expressed are solely mine. 


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. The polka dot comforter is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that rug, so pretty and packs a punch that a dorm room really lacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great suggestions Sharon! Takes me back!!
    Hugs xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that big comfy chair!! this makes me miss going back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was getting ready to go back to school! And if so, this desk is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have a few years before my kids start college (phew), but I know I'll go crazy decorating their dorm rooms when they do go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that desk! The drawers on the side are perfect! I should definitely get a closet doubler!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with all of these! Especially the shoe rack ;) Great list!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)