The Tiny Heart: Mix It Mondays: Aztec Print Shorts

6.23.2014

Mix It Mondays: Aztec Print Shorts



Old Navy Tank, Leaf Necklace-c/o Castellammare Designs, Shorts-Cherokee Girls (similar Boohoo Aztec Shorts for $12), Sandals-American Eagle (similar Jessica Simpson Sandals)

It's now officially summer, which is my favorite time of year. Saturday I crammed in lots of outdoor time. It was a bit too cool for the beach, so my hubby and I went to Starbucks and sat outside to drink our coffees and people watch. For dinner, we decided to try out a new place, Ribs Chkn Done, with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend. The outdoor seating is right across from the beach, which makes for a beautiful view. I ordered a pulled chicken sandwich with pasta salad that was absolutely delicious. They also gave us a complimentary serving of baked beans. I was going to Instagram my meal, but the food was so yummy that I ate everything before I had a chance to take a photo. 

For Mix It Mondays, I'm remixing my aztec print shorts that I got in the Target girls section a while back. I decided to go for a simple look with a black tank to keep the focus on the fun print. I last wore these shorts with a white tee and a rhinestone statement necklace:


Printed Shorts Outfit (click for original post)

Linking up with Lauren (Mix It Mondays) and Molly

PS Enter to win a Juicy Couture Bracelet (open internationally!) 
Photobucket

43 comments:

  1. Adorable, I love the print of your shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun print on the shorts! Bummer it was too cool for the beach but people watching is still really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! such a versatile piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love those shorts. The print is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Aztec print!! These shorts are too cute!! Happy Monday!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer is my least favorite time of year. I hate the heat! But I do like cute summer shorts like yours! :) Sounds like a fun weekend! I do the same thing with food...have the intentions of Instagraming it but then eat it so fast. lol

    Enter the ILY Couture Giveaway on my blog!
    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried this trend yet for fear of my booty looking even bigger. I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these shorts, so perfect for an easy summer outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun shorts! I have a few aztec-printed dresses and every time I get a new one my bf says "don't you already have that?" NO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute shorts! Love them! And your dinner sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Summer is my favorite season as well. There is always so much to do and so little time!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I wish I could look that good in a simple black tank!
    Marie @ In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love printed shorts and these are really cute. Aztec is such a fun trend this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your weekend sounds divine...again jealous of your season up North this time of year!! Glad you guys enjoyed...your dinner sounds deelish!! And yay for remixing those shorts...I still wish I could have fit into them! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. adore these shorts! I need some printed shorts in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The shorts look great with both the black and white tops. Maybe next time you can style it with a blue or purple top from the colors in the shorts. :-)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely shorts! Summer is my absolute favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Summer is my favorite season! You made me hungry talking about your food! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what great shorts for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend and got to enjoy some good food! Love those cute aztec print shorts, they are wonderful for the warm weather!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a fun weekend! I love those shorts! Such a fun print.

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  22. love those shorts! such a great print and great colors

    xo
    Brittani and Katie
    www.pleasantlypetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those shorts! They look great with the black top!

    ReplyDelete
  24. yayyy for summer and all the lovely outdoor stuff we can do. That shirt is so cute and are you sure that you are only 4'9 because you look way taller in these pics. I also like people watching, lol.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those shorts are great! I have been looking for a similar pair!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE those shorts!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the colorful print of those shorts! Both looks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i am so happy that it's summer too! definitely on board with anything aztec print -- printed shorts are perfect for a relaxed weekend day.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those shorts are so cute! Perfect for summer, and they look great with those sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fun shorts! Love that you found them in the girls section! It's nice to have the option to shop that department!
    Carylee | morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's always a cool print and look!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the combination of white and blue! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)