The Tiny Heart: Mix It Mondays: Black Maxi Dress

5.26.2014

Mix It Mondays: Black Maxi Dress




Maxi Dress-Old Navy (similar Mossimo Maxi Dress), Denim Vest-Target (similar Mossimo Denim Vest), Necklace-c/o Castellammare Designs, Sandals-Target (similar Steve Madden Jeweled Sandals)

Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day! I'm back at the office today but hopefully I will head to the beach when I get home at 3. Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day for the beach. We went just for a few hours though since I was afraid of turning into a lobster, ha. My pale self can't handle all that sun just yet!

After the beach I changed into this outfit to take a walk along the boardwalk. Every Memorial Day weekend our town has a festival with lots of food and shops set up along the boardwalk. I stuffed my face with a chicken gyro...so good!

I'm remixing my black maxi dress today for Mix It Mondays. One of my other favorite ways I've worn it is with a sleeveless blouse layered over it.


Black Maxi Skirt Outfit (click for original post)

Linking up with Molly
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. So cute and it's sounds like you had so much fun! I've been on the hunt for the perfect denim vest! Hope your having a wonderful Memorial Day!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling you'll be wearing that dress A LOT this summer, it's very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your maxi dress!

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore maxi dresses. This one looks great on you Sharon, I love ithttp://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer you had to head into work, but at least you will have the afternoon. Love the black maxi, such a great, simple summer staple.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! You have to work???? Bummer! But I'm sure a trip to the beach will make it all better! Love this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bummer that you have to work. Hopefully it's pretty quiet and you will get to enjoy your afternoon at the beach. Great maxi and love those fun jeweled sandals.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta look a simple black maxi dress

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both outfits!! Casual and fun! I'm glad you didn't get burnt like a lobster! That always ends up happening to me!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the two ways you styled the maxi dress, Sharon! I always love a pretty maxi with a jean vest and the second look is a really creative way to style it. Love!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can't go wrong with a maxi dress. Sounds like a fun day of festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So stunning! Love the denim vest (I need one), you look incredible as always! Truly magnificent.
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this denim vest! I am on the hunt for one!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such cute stylings!! Now I just need to get myself one of these black maxis lol
    Kallie - But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your sandals! Your whole out fit is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. that vest looks great with your black maxi dress sharon. cool look.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the denim vest with the black maxi! So cute!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the dress on you...both ways! I hope you got to hit the beach after work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. those sandals! omg, so cute. i was just at target and i didn't see them. i think i'll have to look again.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this dress on you - and how you made it two completely different outfits! I don't know why it took me so long to get into maxi dresses, but now I'm never going back!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)