The Tiny Heart: Coral Peplum + Q&A

4.16.2014

Coral Peplum + Q&A



Jacket-Target (similar Charlotte Russe Faux Leather Jacket), Top-Forever 21 (similar Liz Claiborne Peplum Top), Belt-Asos (similar Dorothy Perkins Leopard Belt for $9), Old Navy Jeans, Clutch-eBay (similar Winky Designs Sequin Clutch), Kensie Girl Metallic Flats

Last week I was tagged by Krysten of Why Girls Are Weird for a fun Q&A!

1. Why do you blog?

I blog because I absolutely love clothes and fashion! This blog is a nice little outlet for that passion. It also helps me to make the most of my wardrobe through remixing, as well as keep track of what I've already worn. I also continue to blog since it's been wonderful making so many new friends through it.

2. What's your favorite pastime?
I think it's obvious that shopping is my favorite pastime! (Shopping is a hobby, right?). I also love watching reality tv (Real Housewives, Millionaire Matchmaker, Teen Mom, The Bachelor...just to name a few).

3. Do you have any pets? If so, tell me about them!
If you've been reading my blog for a while, you already know I have two dogs. Oliver is a puggle and Jinx is a pit mix. They are my babies!

4. If you had the option of going to the desert, ocean, or mountains, which would you choose hands down and what time of year? 
Since I live at the Jersey Shore, it would have to be the ocean! I love going to the beach in the summer, but I also enjoy how quiet and peaceful it is here in the spring before all the Bennies (aka tourists) come.
 
5. Is blogging your full time gig? If not, what is? 
I'd love to blog full time one day, but for now it's just my second "job". I'm a social worker working with the elderly population. I don't talk much about my job on the blog for confidentiality reasons!
 
6. Sweet or savory?
Definitely sweet! Give me chocolate anything and I'm a happy girl. (preferably a Hershey's chocolate bar with almonds, thanks).

7. Where did you grow up? 
I grew up in central NJ, about 45 minutes north of where I live now.
 
8. What is or would be number one on your bucket list?
I dream of opening my own clothing store one day, even if it's just an online boutique. 

9. What kind of music do you normally listen to?
Pop!

10. Bright colors or neutral tones?
This one is hard to chose because I like to wear both! But in the spring/summer months, I definitely gravitate towards brighter colors after the dreary winter.

11. Tell us one thing about yourself your readers don't already know.
I'd much rather text/email than talk on the phone. If someone calls and I don't recognize the number, I definitely won't pick up!
 
I'm tagging anyone that wants to do the Q&A post!

Linking up with Shanna and Lindsey
Photobucket

43 comments:

  1. Ugh I HATE talking on the phone. Seriously if you want an answer from me you probably don't want to call because I won't answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Q&A! :) I am the same way about the phone. I refuse to answer any unknown numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that jacket and shirt combo and how the belt pulls it all together! I hate talking on the phone too. In fact, my phone is usually on silent so that I won't hear it when someone calls. Yeah, it's bad, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved getting to know you better and I am with you on the shopping and reality tv! I think it's so wonderful that you're a social worker and work with the elderly! And I love your top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice -- I like learning more about you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the coral top and learning more about you. The beach is the best place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shopping is totally a hobby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shopping is definitely a hobby!!! I love the coral with the leopard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Q&A posts! And I give you a lot of credit for doing what you do for a living - it takes a special person to deal with the elderly!

    I love your coral top - that is one of my favorite colors this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. isn't it sad that we are still have to bring out jackets out! ugh sigh! but u look just as adorable as always and i love how u belted the shirt! great q & a btw love getting to know more about blogging friends :)



    XO Meghan
    citrus fashion

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coral + peplum + sequins = perfect combo!
    xx, Emily
    shell chic'd

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the coral and brown combo! And thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. I have recently been working with social workers to help with my dad and his health - totally appreciate all that you do!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm the same way about the phone! I rarely ever talk on it.

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute peplum top! And LOL I don't pick up the phone either if I don't know who it is. But this usually only happens while I'm at work... don't call me while I'm at work random people ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that color top on you!

    PinkandNavyStripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this Q&A! i totally indulge in those same reality shows...especially millionaire matchmaker. such a guilty pleasure! also love how you belted the peplum in your outfit. i haven't seen that before, and it works really well!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that clutch! Super cute!!

    Kayla
    www.lovelucygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love this out fit and your two cute pups!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the color of that peplum shirt! It looks awesome on you! And I definitely prefer text/email. I know it's more impersonal, but it's so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I knew you like sweets cause you are so cute like honey! Hugs, Sissi

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fun questions! I would love to own a clothing store one day too but I am so nervous that I would just end up taking all the cute stuff home with me LOL and I definitely consider shopping a hobby! Love the coral and bit of leopard!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Très jolie, j'adore!

    http://www.aubonheurdesdames.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your top. and I need to stop answering the phone when it's an unknown number. I got a call earlier today about someone trying to get me to apply to go back to college. uhhhh no thanks ha.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great Q&A Sharon! My mom is a social worker. She's the director of field at one of the local Universities. Love your top and that sparkle goes so well with it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love tags like this when you get to learn more about the blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh I love the sparkly accessories!! I'm envious of how well you can pull of peplum - it makes you look taller! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun Q&A! How fun would it be to own your own boutique!?
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the mix of soft colors in this outfit with the pops of sparkle! Great Q&A! If you had your own store, I would definitely visit!! I hope that dream becomes a reality one day!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  29. We sound so alike!! I really hope we meet someday :)

    and I love your peplum top with the leopard belt!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fun Q&A! I too would love to own my own online clothing store. Maybe we can go into business together. *wink,wink*

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very nice QA... i like the idea about featuring other fellow bloggers :)

    -Neha
    Love Playing DressUp

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great combo - love the leopard belt with the coral. I am glad I am not the only reality show junkie! I watch so so many. Oh and I also never answer the phone unless I know exactly who it is.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gosh I hate talking on the phone too! You look super cute, I love that sequined clutch!
    Nidhi
    An Unblurred Lady

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the coral! Such a great color on you!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. How fun! Loving this top and I'd rather text or email too but my job requires me to speak voice to voice and sometimes it is better :(

    xo, Nina
    afterthe40barfinish

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am digging you in the edgy leather jacket in the softer color - looks great with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your leopard belt with that cute coral top! And I'm totally a chocolate girl too...give me that over "real" food any day!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yay for pit mixes! And reality TV! And that cute clutch :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I loved this Q&A Sharon, it's so nice to get to know a little more about you. Loving the coral peplum on you & of course the sparkles!
    Hugs xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the coral color on you, and nice getting to know you a little more. I hope you do get to open your own boutique someday, I'm sure it would be excellently curated!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  41. loveee that color!
    i am the same--not a phone girl

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm obsessed with this look, Sharon! I love the peplum trend still and I'm crazy about the coral and leopard print combo. And glitter, too! Love, love, love!

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    www.theclosetbychristie.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)