The Tiny Heart: Q&A: Tiffany of Style Honestly

2.25.2014

Q&A: Tiffany of Style Honestly

I did a Q&A with Tiffany of Style Honestly. I am envious of her thrifting skills and I really love her thoughts on beauty and imperfections. I hope you enjoy getting to know her better!
 
1. Describe your style!

Whenever people ask me this, I sort of freeze because I have so many different types of styles that I enjoy. I'm some kind of random mix of boho, vintage, and romantic - I suppose that would mean my style is eclectic, haha. 

I ask this question to you and your readers: If you were on my blog going through outfits, how would you categorize my style? I'm curious!

2. You encourage readers to embrace our imperfections. Tell us a little bit about how your self acceptance came about.

Throughout my youth (gosh I must be getting old) I struggled with believing that I was beautiful and beat myself up trying to change things about myself. I became pretty much self-destructive and unhealthy, always trying to be something else. I always had an air of confidence but it was fake. I hated who I was. Through prayer and moral support, I was finally able to accept myself - flaws and all. I learned that imperfection is beauty and wanted to make sure other women knew it too.
 
 
3. What is your favorite part about blogging? 

Connecting with people you would not have otherwise come in contact with. Through, commenting, reading, sponsoring, and following, I have met some really cool people. You get to develop relationships with these amazing and like-minded individuals. It's pretty freakin' awesome!

4. You are amazing at thrifting! What are some of your tips for newbie thrifters? 

If you are new at thrifting, you should prepare yourself to be patient. It takes time to go through a thrift store and to develop an "eye". You have to go often since merchandise is constantly replenished, be open minded, and dress comfortably. It is a good idea to take a thrifty friend - or even a regular friend with you. It will be less daunting and you can offer each other advice. I would start with something easy, like dresses. There is usually a plethora of vintage finds and they are easier to got through. 

Pretty soon, you'll be able to whiz through the thrift store selecting all kinds of amazing things!
 
 
5. Which Spring trend are you looking forward to wearing? 

I'm excited about the tea length skirt making an appearance on the runway! We all know midi and maxi, but that in between gives makes me imagine what it would be like in the 40's and 50's where those gorgeous skirts were everyday wear!

 
 
6. What's your go-to outfit? (aka what you put on when you can't think of what to wear)?

If I am having trouble getting dressed, I usually through on skinny jeans/pants, a button down, and some sort of vest. It is classic layering and you typically cannot go wrong with it!
 
 
Be sure to visit Tiffany and say hi!
Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. going to have to go check her blog out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has such a FUN style! Off to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany has an adorable eclectic style.
    Hugs xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE her attitude toward life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she's darling! i love her style...off to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her style is awesome. She is gorgeous!
    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com
    Kristin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! i adore her style!! she looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun interview! I love learning about new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so bad at thrifting because I am not patient! LOVE this idea great job

    
With A City Dream


    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun interview! Thrifting is something I keep saying that I need to try, but I still haven't done. Tiffany is inspiring me to finally get on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly hope you get going! Make sure to share some of those awesome finds!

      Delete
  11. I loved the part about accepting yourself through prayer and moral support! And that last outfit is so killer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes without prayer, I would not be in the place I am now!

      Delete
  12. Love this girl! So glad you featured her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She has great style!! I love her thrifting finds on Instagram. :)


    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great style! Love this Q&A.. so nice that you featured her!
    xo Dina
    http://www.sweetestsomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great style!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great questions! And what a gorgeous blogger buddy you interviewed :) I love her style...and that advice on thrifting is golden. I can get so impatient sometimes when I thrift. Kind of wish I did it more often.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Tiffany and her blog!! It was great reading this interview with her!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved getting to know Tiffany better!!

    xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome interview! Tiffany has fabulous style.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice profile. Tiffany displays real style and smarts. I'm glad to be introduced to her.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)