The Tiny Heart: The Hunt: The Cure For Outfit Envy

11.21.2013

The Hunt: The Cure For Outfit Envy

Have you ever been on Pinterest or Tumblr, fell in love with a gorgeous pair of shoes/dress/coat etc, only to discover there's no link to buy it? That's where The Hunt comes in! You can upload a photo to the site that you've been lusting after and then the "hunters" will find the exact item or something similar for you! Genius, right? Best of all it's free!

Let me show you how it works. I submitted these three Hunts to the site, items that are on my holiday wishlist...a sequin blazer, a camel cape, and a jeweled knit hat. You can customize the Hunts to find an exact match, something similar, or the look for less (input your maximum price). On the left is the item I submitted, with the Finds on the right so you can see how well they did hunting it down.






The Hunt is launching their brand new iPhone app and it's totally free in the app store! If you've been to the site before, it will now have a new look and feel as a part of the launch. Cure your outfit envy now with The Hunt!



Please note: This post was sponsored by The Hunt, but the opinions expressed are solely mine.

  

 photo LWIGRules_zps26ecaa31.png

1. follow your hosts

Sharon @ The Tiny Heart

2. grab a button
Or link back to one of your hosts, and help us promote LookWhat I Got!

3. link up!
Link up your post on what you got (for cheap)!
(Please don't link up your entire blog or any posts that arenot "Look What I Got"! )

We love having you link up and we will be reading all your posts! So, if you don't follow the rules and link back you'll be put in time out (i.e. we'll delete your link).

4. mix and mingle
Visit some other blogs and let them know you found them through the link up!

 photo LWIGLinkUp_zps0b7cfb74.png




Photobucket

34 comments:

  1. LOVE this post and idea! The hunt and find. Great idea! BTW, Love the finds.

    Have a wonderful and blessed day.
    Love,
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great site, thanks for the heads up! Love the sequined blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds such a good idea!
    Happy Thursday Sharon xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to try this app!!! Love all the things ...the sequined blazer is definitely my fave one ^^
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    Don't forget to check my & other stories giveaway ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting idea. I can see its usefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this looks like a great app idea....gotta check it out!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of this before but never looked into it! It definitely seems like a good idea because there is always so much on pinterest I can never find!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always wondered what the hunt was about. I guess it makes sense now. Great idea.
    k at www.beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great hunt Sharon. Pinterest can be overwhelming at times and makes me want all that I see in there.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha, i should work for that site...i love doing that sort of thing. also, i love what you hunted for, that cape is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, pretty cape with the fur - off to check it out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a pretty fab site... and could be dangerous for my wallet!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I HATE it when I pin something and cannot find it somewhere. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a unique idea! I know that there have been many times I haven't been able to find an item that I've liked! I'll need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great 'connection' tool Sharon. Thanks for hosting your fun Hop again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is seriously the coolest app ever! getting it now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cool! I love the find's - they are so similar!!
    That coat with the fur hood is actually nicer than the hunt itself!

    xoxo
    berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a cool idea! it always drives me crazy when I find something I love on pinterest and either the link doesn't exist or it's a million dollars.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  19. such cute winter options!

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where oh where is that sequin blazer from!?!? I have been looking everywhere for one! Love the one you (errr. the app!!) found!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. The hunt sounds like the best idea ever. I have been wanting something like that for so long. Absolutely genius.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now THAT is awesome! I need for them to HUNT and find that Charlotte Olympia bag for me on my post today. HAHAHA
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the Hunt, I totally posted about them today as well!! :) Love your finds!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've heard about this and need to try it!!! Loving your picks

    xo Mel
    turquoise blonde

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oohhh great website!! ahhh can't wait to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Brilliant! Although I seem to be the "hunter" for my gaggle of galpals, I swear all the good ideas are already taken! Although I sure can make an app for that ;D Thanks for sharing love, Ima test them out right now!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now that is a great idea! I can't tell you how often that happens... in fact, i'm going to try it out right now!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sharon Sharon, This sounds promising, and just in time for the holidays!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Interesting, and a really good idea! I feel like my friends use me as their personal "Hunt" app :P
    xx, Emily
    shell chic'd

    ReplyDelete
  30. YES this is awesome! I saw a pair of kitty cat tights on pinterest and i have been looking all over for them and I can;t find them. I WILL be using this ASAP, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What great finds, Sharon! Ever since I learned about The Hunt at LuckyFABB, I've been wanting to try it out. Thanks for reminding me! 'xo

    Christie
    The Closet by Christie

    ReplyDelete
  32. I actually like all of the finds better than the hunts! I'll have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)