The Tiny Heart: High Five For Friday

7.26.2013

High Five For Friday

Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth for


1. Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes (especially the ones that said I looked younger than I am, ha!). My hubby got me this hilarious birthday card. It reads "your birthday cake is almost ready."



2. I'm going to the Haskell Stakes tomorrow as a VIP thanks to the people at America's Best Racing. I don't know anything about horse racing but I'm excited! Stayed tuned for more on this next week.


 

3. We're also planning to see The Wolverine this weekend. My hubby is obsessed with the first movie and who doesn't love Hugh Jackman? (There's already a lot of abs in this post and we're only at number 3!).



4.  Speaking of movies, Meet Jessica from Jeans and a Teacup! She just might show up in the next movie you watch and she's got amazing style!

"Hi! I'm Jessica from Jeans and a Teacup where I blog about fashion and my personal style from Los Angeles, California.  My day job is as an extra in TV shows and movies but I also love to shop like it's my job! I do have a budget though so I try to make the most out of my H&M, Forever 21 and Target finds. My sister, Megan, is the other half of Jeans and a Teacup.  She's currently in Denver, Colorado where she writes fun and reflective posts for the blog on Sundays.  We'd love for you to stop by and say hi!"



5. This week's new reality tv show I'm watching is Breaking Amish LA. A bunch of young Amish/Mennonite are leaving their communities behind to experience what "English" life is like in LA. I'm hoping it's just as good and juicy as the first Breaking Amish!
 
Have a great weekend!

PS Don't forgot to enter the Forever 21 Giveaway!
Photobucket

33 comments:

  1. I missed your birthday....ahhhh!!!! So sorry!! Happy Happy Birthday!!! I hope it was wonderful!

    Breaking Amish seems to be one of those shows that I would watch 5 hours straight of...totally addicting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best birthday card ever maybe? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... love that first pic! lol.. and does she ever have great style!!

    I Pink i Love You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously who doesn't love Hugh Jackman!? Hope you have a great weekend!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at the races & don't forget to have a flutter!!
    Have a fabulous weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute birthday card! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for all the fun birthday tidbits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a fab weekend! Please check out my newest posts at www.loveolia.com!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya, thought I'd educate my readers of the Utah History a bit. I've never heard of Breaking Amish, so we are even! Haveafabweeekennnddd!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated bday! Laughing at the card your hubby got. :) I'm looking forward to Breaking Amish L.A. too! I grew up in Pennsylvania Amish country and got to know quite a few Amish. Some families allowed their children to go to public school until 8th grade. They were always the smartest kids in the class and I was more than a little fascinated by them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, you watch Breaking Amish as well?! Great reality show!

    A Splash Of Tan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Horse Racing days are SO fun, I hope you have a preppy girly dress and big hat to wear! :) Have a great weekend lady!
    xx, Emily
    shell chic'd

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to see Wolverine, that would be awesome!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool, Jessica has such a sweet style. I'm glad that you had a great birthday. xx/Madison Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Her job sounds awesome!! And Sharon that card had me rolling on the floor laughing! Your husband is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha that bday card from your hubby is hilarious!!! happy friday, sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhhh have fun at those races!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, that card is so funny! Hope you had a beautifl birthday! That blogger looks so stylish too--I'll have to check her site out!

    Huh, I've heard of that TV show before...it sounds intriguing. I'll be sure to watch it I I get the chance.

    Have a beautiful weekend, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool birthday card! :-) That sounds like a very interesting tv show. I may just check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ya know..this might be my favorite post haha ;) And yes, Wolverine is on our list this weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh no, I totally forgot Breaking Amish was on. Off to watch it On Demand!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Belated Birthday!! That card is hilarious!! And I heard Breaking Amish is really good...maybe I need to get sucked in too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sharon, can we SWITCH weekends? I will totally trade with you! You're going to have an awesome one. Have major fun my friend!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooh breaking amish LA!??!!? sounds fab ;) I definitely watched the first one... lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the feature! :-) And that breaking amish show sounds crazy...haha. I grew up in amish country and I can't even imagine...
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am hoping that Breaking Amish LA is just as good as the first season!! I actually really like that show!!

    xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  27. Never seen breaking Amish! On my watch list!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GIRLY!!
    Thanks for sharing that "Jeans & a teacup" link - totally obsessing over her style now =))))

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy belated! My sister is so excited about Breaking Amish - I'm going to have to start watching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. i've been watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Happy belated birthday :) You look very young! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Download captain america 2 : www.captainamerica2thewintersoldier.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)