The Tiny Heart: Sponsor Spotlight: Sandy a la Mode

8.15.2012

Sponsor Spotlight: Sandy a la Mode

Today I want you to meet my Extra Large Ad Sponsor for August, Sandy a la Mode!

Sandy is a super stylish blogger and mom to an adorable baby named Austin. To get to know Sandy a little better, we did a Q&A session and she styled an outfit for us. I know you're going to love her!

Tank: Target |Cardigan: Forever 21 | Pants: Gap {similar} | Shoes: Seychelles | Necklace: Target

Why did you start blogging?
During my wedding planning, I had read a lot of blogs to get inspiration for planning my own wedding and it really brought out the creative side in myself.  After the wedding, I wanted to continue to explore this creative side so decided to start a blog to document my journeys in photography, cooking, and crafts. 


What is your favorite summer wardrobe staple?
Colored skinny denim.  I'm obsessed with them.  They are great for all seasons, actually!


If you could only wear one accessory the rest of your life, what would it be?
Besides my engagement and wedding rings, I'd have to say my David Yurman necklace.  



What's been the hardest part about blogging? What's been the best?
The hardest part about blogging is finding the time to write blog posts.  Because I have a full-time job as a Healthcare IT Consultant and an even tougher job as a new Mama, blogging has to come last.  But through it all, I still usually manage to post about 5-6 days per week.  The best part about blogging is the relationships I have formed and new friends I have met, even some of them in person!




Name your top 5 wardrobe essentials.
Skinny jeans
Nude pumps
Black pencil skirt
Solid silky tank tops
Chiffon blouses



You're a mom to baby Austin...what are your style tips for busy moms?
Because my body is not fully back to what I want it to be, it's been a little tougher wearing anything clingy, but I swear by shapewear to hide that post baby belly.  Leggings or tights are super cute and comfy underneath shift dresses (which can hide your belly).  And I love wearing all different types of fun sandals and flats to spice up any outfit.

What's your go-to outfit (AKA what you put on when you can't think of what to wear)?

Colored denim, striped or polka dot shirt, and fun accessories like necklaces, bracelets and scarves.  Stripes and polka dots are an easy way to add pattern to an outfit without really having to think too much.

Blog//Twitter//Instagram @sandyalamode//Pinterest//Hellocotton


Go visit Sandy over at Sandy a la Mode!

Interested in being part of the Sponsor Spotlight? Read all the details on sponsoring HERE!

Wondering if you won my JEWELIQ Giveaway? Click HERE to see the winner! I will be emailing the winner shortly.

51 comments:

  1. That is such a great outfit!

    http://petitemini.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love learning about fellow bloggers :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved getting to know Sandy and such beautiful shoes!!

    Xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her blog! and those shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sandy is gorg!!! love her blog ~~~<3
    xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yay, I love Sandy! I'm so jealous of those seychelles sandals, I've been obsessed with them!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's pretty and her blog is great.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the follow.<3
    Follow you back on gfc. Do you also follow me on bloglovin?
    Let me know...follow you then immediately back.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO fun to get to know more about Sandy - she's super cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  10. great feature!
    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute girl!! Loved getting to know her better.
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why I love her shoes and cardigan! I've seen her around the blogosphere, now I should probably go check her out! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's awesome! I love her blog title! Fabulous cardi and shoes. I have to check her blog out. Thanks Sharon!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. So who DOESN'T love Sandy! She is not only a fabulous blogger but such a sweet presence on the internet :)

    Great post Sharon!
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  15. love Sandy, great post!!

    ***enter my giveaway
    sarahsavvystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's adorable, love her outfit and style! Totally checking out her blog!
    xx

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow.. she's so adorable!! :D and I love the outfit <3 definitely checking her out now :)

    xoxo
    Rhea Bue (Styles & Writes)
    THIS IS MY FASHION BLOG: http://bebe-doll.net/

    ReplyDelete
  18. great feature, darling! :) i'm your newest follower x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great feature on Sandy. I adore her blog and her son Austin is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwww - dear love the bow flats! The´re so cute
    <3
    x the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't believe this cute lady is a mom already!!! Her bow flat and floral pattern are so charming...and sounds like a super blog, gonna check her out!!!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sandy has an amazing sense of style and a wonderful blog! Good to learn so much more about her here!
    Boy, how does she manage a job, a kid and a blog?
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  23. This was a fun read! Her blog is great. (:

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's great to learn about other bloggers - fab Q&A!
    Happy Wednesday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/
    Vote intotheblonde BEST LIFESTYLE BLOG in the Cosmo Blog Awards 2012
    http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/blog-awards-2012-vote

    ReplyDelete
  25. She is precious and I love her blog!! She is super woman trying to handle it all!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  26. She's darling! And I agree, it can be hard to write/photograph for posts when working a FT job. But also so rewarding :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this outfit! I've been dying to buy those Seychelles shoes for months too!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Sandy and was so happy to see her here!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love this interview! So great to meet Sandy. I'm also a fan of colored denim, I wish I owned more pairs!

    ReplyDelete
  30. great post! i love reading about other bloggers!

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Her outfit is so cute, I especially love those flats! And ooo cool, my go to outfit also includes a polka dot/stripe shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great pics!!! AMAZING OUTFIT!!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a lovely feature on Sandy. I always love her stylish jewellery. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sandy has such an adorable style, I always like to see how other mommies dress and she's so cute! (Looove those flats, the two colors and the bow!)

    ReplyDelete
  35. cute outfit, love her style
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely outfit and shoes. Thanks for following,I'm following you back.
    xo
    stylemeeh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love her style, she is adorable! Following you on GFC dear. Lets keep in touch!
    www.girllilikoi.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great post!
    Follow me back?

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. i adore sandy! great feature post. she has a fab blog. :)

    xoxo
    jasmine
    ADAM ❤ ALEX

    ReplyDelete
  40. love your blog! and i love sandy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a fun way to discover your blog. HUGE fan of Sandy! I can totally relate to her hectic life and so admire how she accomplishes it all!

    ReplyDelete
  42. thanks soo much for the feature sweetie!! and thanks to everyone for all the kind comments about my outfit and blog!! :)

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fabulous shoes!
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://www.natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  44. i love your flats! such a pretty color!

    xoxo,

    Allie

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. you look so pretty. loved the sandals

    http://sandysandhu.blogspot.com/2012/08/stunning-neon-and-floral_19.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)