The Tiny Heart: Q&A: Shanna from Because Shanna Said So

6.01.2012

Q&A: Shanna from Because Shanna Said So

 I'd like you to meet Shanna from Because Shanna Said So. She's a super stylish Texas mom that always makes me laugh (whether it's poking fun at herself or talking about hijinks her girls got into). And fun fact, we both have the same initials: SS. I hope you enjoy getting to know her!

1. What's the one item every Texas girl needs to have in her closet?   
No hesitation or thinking on this one, a pair of well-made cowgirl boots.  It’s a signature statement here in Texas.  With all of the rodeos, fairs, outdoor concerts and picnics, Texas ladies wear boots just as much as they would wear a pair of flip flops. They look great with shorts, dresses, skirts and of course jeans. I actually think they are my best investment and I even did a post about them on my blog.  


2. I really admire that you've been on a shopping ban. What's your biggest tip for shopping your own closet? 

 Mmmmmkay, I totally failed with my shopping ban!  I only lasted a whopping 4 days!!  I know, I feel like a complete failure.  I will say that I have gotten much better with how much I buy.  I have also tried to focus on purchasing more staple pieces and items that I can mix and match.  Instead of buying a dress that can only be worn one way, I buy a solid skirt that I can wear with several shirts I already have in my closet.  So, at the end of the day, I may have failed miserably with my shopping freeze, but I succeeded in figuring out better ways to shop.  That should count for something, right?

3. What's been the hardest part of blogging? What's been the best?

Oh, do I have to pick just one hard or best thing about blogging?  I could seriously write about a book with these two questions.  For time’s sake I will pick one for each.  Let’s start with the hardest…. That would be keeping content original, fresh and fun.  My ultimate goal is that my readers gain something from what I write, whether it’s an outfit inspiration, a good laugh, a life lesson or a new product to try.  The best part, hands down, is all the friends I have made.  I have only personally met a few bloggers, but I feel super close with so many.  I never imagined what an amazing network the whole blogging world is.  I can say, whole heartedly, that I have made some lifelong friends.  I wish I would have joined this crazy, fun “world” years ago!




4. You're a mom to two girls and always look super stylish...what are some of your fashion tips for busy moms?   Okay, I will tell you if you promise not to laugh.  I usually plan my outfits ahead of time or pick out my clothes the night before. I have seriously done this since I was in elementary school.  It makes getting dressed in the morning or before a function much easier.  I don’t have to think about it, I just put it on and go.  I also try to avoid anything that has to be ironed or that is dry clean only.  I have been known to singe and burn holes with it.  The iron and I are not friends.  And I would much rather buy a new dress than pay $12.00 for someone to clean it.

5. The one piece of clothing or accessory I can't live without is ____________.
Wow, this one is really made me think.  After giving it much thought and consideration, the winner is…a pair of flip flops!  Yes, I know, not very thrilling or glamorous, but it’s a simple fact, my friends.  This genius invention can be worn with just about anything and when you live in Texas , with weather being hot and sunny nine months out of the year, you find yourself coordinating outfits around your flip flops.  

 
6. You'll never catch me wearing _______________.
A fedora….at least ever again.  I tried it once and it was not a flattering look.  Maybe it’s my head or the shape of my face, I am not quite sure, but they just don’t look right on me.  It totally bums me out, because I see them in so many stores and other girls looking so cute wearing them.  I have tried on a bazillion different styles when I am out shopping, but nothing changes…they still look silly on my noggin.  Bummer. 

7. What's your go-to outfit? (aka what you put on when you can't think of what to wear?)
Without a doubt, a LBD.  I think every girl should own three…one for fun, one for work and one for a night out on the town.  By adding a few accessories and changing up your shoes, you can create so many different styles with a little black dress.


 Visit Shanna at Because Shanna Said So!

35 comments:

  1. hey, sharon. i think shanna is gorgeous, and she has an amazing sense of style. love that green pleated dress she is wearing, and she has a beautiful family. :) i'll be sure to check out her blog today. :)
    have a fabulous weekend, sharon!



    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great interview! i love it! so glad to "meet" her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this interview : )

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. love her blog!!! I love the green pleated skirt and polka dot top - so pretty!! and I want to be able to wear hats cutely too but I don't think I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Shanna!! And girl... I can't sport a fedora either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm crazy about the polka dot and green combo! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this interview and I love Shanna of course! These are some of my favorite outfits :)

    Xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay I love Shanna! Love that family picture, just too cute. :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Shanna is so cute and hilarious!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE Shanna and her blog - she is so cute and stylish and funny...great post!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this interview, Sharon! I haven't read Shanna's blog- can't wait to go check it out. Have a fun weekend!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Sharon!!! It turned out great! You are the best!!! have a fabulous weekend!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview, I love Shanna!! She has great style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. she's so cute! i love her style and she has such an infectious smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute post, love her style! Love the first photo with her necklace, white dress and cowboy boots!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shanna indeed has great style! Loved reading about her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always love being introduced to some other southern girls! I couldn't agree more about the cowboy boots.

    p.s. sharon--my legs do get wet with the wellies...I cheat and use an umbrella and then stumble everywhere because I'm clumsy

    Have a great weekend!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lookin great!

    http://petitemini.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shanna is so great... awesome getting to know a little more about her!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi dear! Nice post :)

    I hope you like and follow my blog, I'm waiting for your comments!

    http://www.acupofashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. great photos of her! i love her pleated skirt :) Great family portrait too, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. she and her family are so cute! fun interview : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Her style is so cute and I love her style! Definitely checking out her blog

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great read! Swinging by her blog soon :)

    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/06/3-in-1-maxi-skirt-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really love the outfit with the green skirt and polka dot top! My kind of outfit! Thanks for sharing Sharon, and I hope you are having an amazing weekend! -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh...loved her #1 answer! I'm originally from Texas too (you can move, but you can't take the Texas out of a girl!), and of course I have "real" cowboy boots too! I agree, love pairing them with sundresses. Great interview! :) Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was such a cute interview. She is adorable!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loving the cowboy boots! I have a couple of pairs that I don't wear very often, but I love them so much.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely adore her! I love cowboy boots, I'm a Kentucky girl so they are pretty much a fashion staple here too. I adore wearing cowboy boots with dresses. Definitely going to check out her blog now. Loved this little Q&A.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for this insightful interview. I can't rock a fedora yet, either! I wear panama hats instead.

    ReplyDelete
  31. She seems so sweet. I am now following her too. Love her last two outfits the best! =)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)