The Tiny Heart: Q&A: Catherine from Small Town, Big Wardrobe

6.05.2012

Q&A: Catherine from Small Town, Big Wardrobe

Catherine from Small Town, Big Wardrobe is with us today! Not only does Catherine have great style, but all of her fur babies are rescues, just like mine. She clearly has a heart just as big as her wardrobe.

1. Describe your style! 
 Classic and feminine with a twist. And very colorful!

2.
What are you top 5 can't live without items in your closet? V-neck t-shirts, a pair of leopard flats, cafe capris, pencil skirts and jeggings. Yes, I have jeggings, and they are awesome.

3.
I'm currently obsessed with _________.
 Stripes! I've bought eight striped shirts and a skirt this spring. I just can't stop.



4. I love that you wear a mix of high and low end items. What items do you splurge on and what do you save on? 

I definitely splurge if it's a classic piece in a neutral color (work pants or a blazer, for instance). If I know I'm going to wear it multiple times, I think it's worth the money. Trendy pieces or clothes I can't wear to work (like jeans) are where I try to save. Target actually has great jeans!

5.
What are your favorite stores to shop at? 
J. Crew, Talbots, Target, Loft, Ann Taylor, Old Navy, Gap.

6. Which spring trend is your favorite? 

Neon! I love how fun it is. Bright colors make me happy. Which one will you be staying away from? 
I don't really like the high-low skirts or dresses. Maybe I just haven't found the right high-low skirt yet!



7. What are some of your daily blog reads? 

SO many! Besides your blog, I love Coming Unstitched, Jimpricute, The Closet Intervention, Wore Out, Sugar and Chiffon, Mix and Match Fashion, Work It, Feathers and Freckles... the list goes on!

8.
What's your go-to outfit? (aka what you put on when you can't think of what to wear)? 
A brightly colored sweater (usually pink), a pencil skirt and a fun necklace. That was my exact outfit once when I woke up 15 minutes before I had to be at work


37 comments:

  1. Love your blog and your turquoise necklace :) Do come visit me at times :)
    Luv, Nyt

    http://metajojuana-under-a-starry-nyt.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Outfits ,gorgeous!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing Catherine!!!!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her sense of style!! I definitely agree, Target does have great jeans!

    Xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her style, and love that kind of post! Your blog is amazing, would you like to follow eachother with gfc or bloglovin, or even both? :-)
    love Justine
    www.fashionchok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a fun interview to read. I will definitely be visiting Catherine and her blog. Love her adorable sense of style!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! she's so adorable! can't wait to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how she layers things! excited to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun to get to know more about Catherine - I'm with her on the neon trend :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love her - she's such a cutie!

    sarahsavvystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great questions Sharon! And Catherine is so sweet...love her!
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  12. She has super cute style, great interview!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  13. she's so cute! and she has classicly great style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw... I love all your outfits! Deff need to stop by soon!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Catherine and her incredible style. She makes every outfit look effortless and so natural, I'm so glad you featured her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Catherine lives in the state that is right next to mine! She offers a lot of great tips on her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great interview! thanks for sharing : )

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley
    SideSmile Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore colorful outfits. I'm going to check out her blog.
    Gigi

    http://www.tributetothetribe.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's adorable! Love her style!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The stripes and gingham outfit is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you everyone for your kind words, and thank you especially to Sharon for featuring me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I couldn't agree more about the high-low skirts. I actually tried one on yesterday...but it looked kind of awkward on me. I love it on other people though! Definitely checking out this blog, Sharon. Too great!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is precious!!! Fab style!! I love this feature you are doing! Such a great way to find new blogs!!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  24. She's adorable! I love reading her answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow she seems so cool and cute! Thanks for the intro, I can't wait to check out her blog
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love her bright and colorful style!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. She is really adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    Love,
    Julie - http://juliechoice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great read!

    Come check out my new obsession :
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/2012/06/current-obsession-fedora-and-panama.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this! She has super cute style! And I love anyone who rescues their furry family members :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this post! She really is so cute!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  31. She has a cute sense of style. Thanks for the intro. xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. love all your bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very cute! Thank you for introducing her to us!
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Catharine has such great style and taste! I have to agree with her, you find the right pair of jegging and they. are. AMAZING. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your blog is amazing! So inspiring.
    I hope you visit me and we can follow each other if you like. I'd be so glad.

    http://modacontagiante.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cute interview! I'll have to check her out :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)