The Tiny Heart: Guest Post: Sarah from Simply Sarah

6.14.2012

Guest Post: Sarah from Simply Sarah

** Sarah from Simply Sarah is with us today while I'm vacationing in the Bahamas. Sarah always pulls together the cutest looks from her thrift store shopping trips. Please note that I can't respond to any comments until I get back from my vacation.**

Hi everyone!  My name is Sarah and my fashion blog is called Simply Sarah. Simply Sarah is about maximum fashion with minimum dough; and don't we all know about that ladies!  As a result, I'm a thrift-store hoarder.  It's true - I even joined TSH Anonymous.  I often go thrift shopping, and as a result find excellent deals from name-brand stores!  


Take for example the shirt I wore in each of the pictures below.  This is a Forever 21 t-shirt, simple yet cute, that I have styled for you in three ways.  Who says that t-shirts are only for casual looks or "day-off" looks?  You can style with any t-shirt but what I like about this one is that the stripes give it an extra little kick.  Thank you also to Sharon for letting me guest post here on her blog; isn't she fabulous??!

Here's the first t-shirt design: How to wear a t-shirt to work!





Pencil skirts are often an office staple; but they don't always have to be paired with a button up or suit jacket!  Give your regular 9-5 look a kick with the striped tee, and mix in some color and personality with a statement necklace.  Work appropriate, AND comfy!

Second Look: How to Give Your T-Shirt a Casual Look!




Anyone can throw together a t-shirt and shorts and/or jeans.  But what can give your look a little something extra is the way you accessorize or off-set the t-shirt.  The colored shorts gave the outfit some color, and as I've learned recently through blogging you CAN mix patterns! Instead of the traditional flip-flops with shorts/tee look, I mixed in my leopard flats not only to complete the look but also to give that "kick" again!  (Literally - a pair of leopard flats I betcha pack a real big kick!)  Pattern mixing can take an outfit from regular, everyday to interesting and unique!

Third Look: Wearing Your T-Shirt on Date Night!




Last but not least, I think it's important to talk about your date night/going out look.  One of my closet staples is a by far a good blazer; I have almost 6 in black!  The versatility of a blazer can do so many good things for your outfit (But we're not here to talk about blazers and my obsession of them - check out Simply Sarah if you want more of that!)  The nice thing with this outfit, which is my favorite, is that you can still pair in that statement necklace but the blazer and heels give a tee and jeans look a sexy edge.  Going to dinner, out for drinks, movies, anything - the t-shirt mixed with the blazers, skinnies, and sexy pumps gives a sophisticated, chic weekend outfit!

So there you have it!  Three ways to style your wilting, dull, regular-ole t-shirt!  Of course there are many other options (who can deny a good cardigan??) but I wanted to showcase my favorite looks.  How do YOU style your tee?


Thanks for stopping by! Thanks again Sharon!!

19 comments:

  1. Such cute looks - love the pink shorts!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these three looks but the last one is my favorite!!! I really need to purchase some more basic t-shirts!

    Xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, sarah! great guest post. love the effortlessly chic looks. :)



    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! Stop on by to sarahsavvystyle.com if you'd like :-)

      Delete
  4. All these looks are easy breezy and adorable.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are enjoying your trip! My outfit today made me think of you...and how you must be enjoying the sun sand and beach! These are 3 fantastic looks from Sarah, going to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas!! I love a classic T - I wear mine with jeans on the weekend and dress it up for work. I’m checking out her blog now.

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pic and blog :D may we follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! Girl, you are still in the Bahamas?! I so wish I was there too!!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. way to go Sarah!!! Great guest post!! Love you both!! Sharon, hope you are having fun in the Bahamas!! So jeals!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice guest post. i have recently started thrifting... and this is inspiring. :)


    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the three looks you put together, the date night look is my favorite. And Sharon, I hope you had an amazing vacation! Can't wait to see pics :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great remixing! Nice host blog! Now hurry back cuz I miss you!


    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com/

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Phenomenally blog;) LOOKS great, I'm here for the first time but not the last;) I add to follow :))


    I invite you to me;) and I hope that you join my followers.

    kisses and a nice days :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the white skirt. It's perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your style! Truly Yours is definitely one of your new followers. I saw that you entered the Head to Toe Chic giveaway to win a Truly Yours necklace and wanted to wish you good luck. I'm actually the founder of the company and really appreciate your kind words and feedback. Thanks for entering!

    Erin
    ShopTrulyYours.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)