The Tiny Heart: Guest Post: Katie from Hems for Her

6.11.2012

Guest Post: Katie from Hems for Her

**The lovely Katie from Hems for Her is filling in for me today while I'm vacationing in the Bahamas. I asked her to style a vacation outfit for us! Since this is a scheduled post, please note I can't respond to any comments till I get back!**
Hi! I'm Katie from Hems for Her. I am a mom, wife, high school teacher, and blogger. I am so happy to be visiting over here on The Tiny Heart today!

When Sharon asked me if I'd help her out while she was on vacation, I really hoped she meant "Hey, will you hang out with me on the beach?" Apparently though, being so tiny and petite means that your luggage is too. Sadly there was no room in the carry-on for me! However, if I were on vacation this week, I would absolutely be wearing this awesome maxi dress! I bought it last year for my beach trip and it has served me well.


Many women worry that they can't wear a maxi dress because they are too short or too fat, but maxi dresses can be super flattering. This one is a halter-style dress that I chose to wear strapless. For dinner out at a wonderful beach restaurant I would add a cropped cardigan. Nights can get pretty chilly in the ocean air!


I've paired the maxi dress with a great blue pedicure and sandals, dangly earrings and a cool glass necklace!



Dress- Apt.9 for Kohl's (old, similar here)


I hope Sharon is having a great time on vacation :)
























And I hope the rest of you to check me out on FacebookTwitter, and Bloglovin!

14 comments:

  1. Love the print on your dress!
    Happy Monday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit! I love it :D

    http://petitemini.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie your makeup always looks so fabulous! I need a lesson! :)

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This maxi is gorgeous on you Katie! Loving the print!!

    Xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love maxi dresses! This one is super pretty! Nice to meet you Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie, this maxi dress looks awesome on you! Love.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think those colors on that maxi is so amazing!

    xo,

    wardrobe girls

    www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great guest post!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a pretty maxi! i love the flattering shape and feminine feel they lend to everyone!
    kw, ladiesinnavy

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colors and the print of this maxi, katie! you loook beautiful, and what a nice guestpost on the lovely sharon's blog. :) i'll be sure to check your blog out. :)


    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always love your makeup, Katie...this maxi is beautiful on you too, that blue is a real standout colour!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look absolutely stunning and I love that Maxi dress! Glad Sharon had you fill in for her :)

    ~Kate

    http://taleof2teachers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)