The Tiny Heart: Q&A: Kristen from The Mrs & The Momma

5.15.2012

Q&A: Kristen from The Mrs & The Momma

Today we have a Q&A with Kristen from The Mrs & The Momma! Kristen is a stylish momma to four kids and always looks so pulled together despite her busy life! I hope you enjoy getting to know her as much as I did. 
** 

1.  Why did you originally start blogging?
I first started blogging in 2007 just for my family.  Then in 2011, after giving birth to my fourth child, I decided to start a personal style blog to chronicle my fashion choices (good and bad) and to motivate me to "re-find" my style, being in that transitional post-pregnancy stage.  After a few months, I found it hard to keep up with both blogs, so I merged them, resulting in The Mrs. & The Momma being a lifestyle, mommy, and personal style blog.

2.  What are your style tips for moms on the go?
My main style rule I go by is to always wear at least one piece that makes my look unique and/or makes me feel good.  As a mom, getting dressed everyday is sometimes done in a matter of seconds, and may or may not even look decent.  On those days, I'll throw on my favorite scarf or a statement necklace, and I'll feel much more put together.  Also, I think some good black-rimmed glasses look chic on mommas!

3.  What is your favorite spring/summer trend?
Color!!!!  I'm usually a go-to black kinda girl, so all of the color this year is forcing me to get out there a bit when taking risks with my style.  My favorites of the season are yellow, pastel purple, and turquoise.

4.  What are your favorite places to shop?
I really love to shop anywhere I can find either quality staples or unique finds at cool local boutiques.  But as for chains, I love Banana Republic, Target, F21, ModCloth, ASOS, Loft, and CAbi.

5.  What is your go-to outfit?
When I find myself aimlessly staring at my closet and cannot seem to find something to wear, I'll end up wearing my Rachel Pally maxi skirt.  It's a no brainer, no fail, no effort kind of skirt.  I usually pair it with a tucked in blouse and a belt.  Then, I'll wear it with sandals or heels depending on if I need to dress it up or not.


6.  Which item in your closet you couldn't live without?
This is a tough one.  I'd have to say head wear.  I tend to wear a lot of hats or head wraps on days my hair is less than par....which is most days.  A close second would be a blazer...I'm totally into my black and white striped one right now, which is proving to go with everything!!!


7.  Who or what has the most influence on your style?
Good question!  I'd probably say it's a mix between seasonal trends, fashion icons, and what I can put together that says "me".  Pinterest doesn't hurt either.  :)

Living in Austin, I find myself occasionally leaning towards a "granola" vibe in the summer, as well as the quirky Austin vibe....so in a sense, my hometown has an influence on my style just as much as mainstream fashion.

8.  As a wife, mom, and blogger...how do you make time for it all?
I get this question a lot.  I wish I had much more time to blog...in fact, I feel like I could (and want) to put more time into it, however, my family comes first.  I am blessed to stay at home with my four little ones and I make sure their needs are tended to before I sit down at my computer.  Blogging is my "TV time" after the kids go down...meaning, I don't watch much TV and would rather blog anyway.  And truthfully, there's not time for it all.  You just have to do your best to prioritize what matters most.

38 comments:

  1. Love Kristen's blog & style - so fun to get to know more about her :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's beautiful!! i'm excited to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she has amazing style, and love that she's a mom blogger like me. :) will have to check her out. great interview, sharon! :)

    xoxo
    jasmine
    AdamAlexMommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! i can't wait to start reading her blog! thanks for sharing all about her today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Blog ,thanks for Sharing!
    Thank you ,i follow :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your look, your blog is very interesting and special, ana kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super stylish momma! LOVE!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stylish!! Love these outfits! Great interview.

    Xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I stumbled across your page through A Very Sweet blog. I read your about me, and love that you're around my height! It's so difficult finding fashion trends that look good being so petite! Following and can't wait to see your tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jax! It's always nice finding another petite blogger :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely and stylish! I'll have to check out her blog - I adore the first picture with the cute headband!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing! now a new blog that i'm interested in following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice pictures !
    Will check her blog !
    xx,
    www.stylsiren.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. How adorable is Kristen??? Love her style, so fun! And blogging is my tv time too! I may not know what's happening on reality tv, but I know what's happening in blog land! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for introducing us to this blogger!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's a stylish mom and a loving mother to her 4 kids :)
    Nice one...
    Love the colorful style on her...

    Wanna follow each other?
    If you are interested follow me, tell me & I'll follow back :)
    www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your first outfit!

    http://petitemini.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Kristen's style and totally understand her busy mommy life. ***New Follower***
    Sharon, what a great interview, I would love to participate in this session on your blog ;-)
    Thanks,
    Dayi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab interview! I love her use of colour in all her outfits.
    Sharon I need a favour...Please vote for my blog as Best Lifestyle Blog in the Cosmo Blog Awards 2012, it would mean so much to me! Thanks I appreciate your support :)
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/2012/05/neon-cosmo-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfits and interview!!!!!
    Love your blog, ¿follow each other? I follow :)
    xoxo

    http://besosmulticolor.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh so nice to meet you! I have to start following... I LOVE dress you are wearing in the first picture!

    Sara
    http://seventwentysomethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, wow...I love her personal style. I'll have to swing by and check her out! :) Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  23. That IS one stylish momma! Thanks for sharing...read through the posts I missed while I was gone...and was just as inspired as ever by your delightful style :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love it when you introduce us to new bloggers. She certainly has some amazing style!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This was a fabulous post!! She is precious!! I am going to check out her blog now! Loving her fun and fearless style!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh - she's amazing! Thanks for sharing her with us, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow what a beautiful woman - love it!! thanks Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. how inspiring! I can't imagine having kids and still managing to look fab every day!

    XO,

    wardrobe girls

    www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. She is so lovely and looks so pulled together. What a shame - I onky have one kid and am very far from looking decent most days. I like her attitude and that makes her a happy mama.

    ReplyDelete
  30. wqowww
    u look great in all of them!
    wanna folow each other via bloglovin?
    <3
    www.ontomywardrobe.com


    www.ontomywardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love her style, her outfits are so unique and colorful! I wish I was that daring when it come to clothes :) And all the headbands are so pretty. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love Kristen's blog, she is adorable. It was fun to find out more about her!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love her style! Thanks for sharing a beautiful blog! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete
  34. This was a great guest post! I always like seeing how other moms dress and how they stay stylish, I love how Kristen always wears such cute scarfs or headbands. (And wow, am I impressed that she has four kids, she looks amazing! And totally rocking those high heels.^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am loving every single outfit-
    so unique and stylish!xoxo

    Especially the first one!

    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
  36. HER STYLE SEEMS AMAZING. LOVE ALL HER HEADBANDS, HER POLKA-DOT BLAZER AND THAT RICH GREEN SKIRT. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)