The Tiny Heart: Guest Post: Dani from The Daily Dani

5.22.2012

Guest Post: Dani from The Daily Dani

Today Dani from The Daily Dani is here with us to show you how to style a maxi skirt! I love Dani's California cool, boho vibe and so I knew she'd be the perfect person to rock a maxi.
** 
 Hi there, everyone! I'm Dani, from The Daily Dani! I post daily outfit photos, weekly blogger features, and the occasional celeb fashion update! I'm a lover of all things sea foam green and John Stamos-related, and I am seriously in love with fashion!
Sharon and I have become buddies here in the blogosphere, and I was so excited when she asked me to guest post on The Tiny Heart! I'm here to talk to you about a trend that I just love! Today, I get to teach you lovely readers the many fabulous ways to make a maxi skirt work for you, no matter what your personal style!
{Skirt: Target | Tie dye tee: Chase LA // Gray sweater: Nordstrom | Gingham shirt: J. Crew | Belt: Kohl's}
When I heard that maxi skirts were back on-trend, the idea really scared me at first! Truth be told, before this year, I hadn't worn a maxi skirt since the floor-length denim that I used to wear with platform clogs when I was 14! One of my favorite things about blogging is seeing the way other bloggers make trends all their own - it's an easy way to mentally transition into a look before you try it out in real life!

I wanted to show you here that with different pieces of clothing and accessories, a maxi skirt can absolutely be transformed to match your style and to match almost any occasion!


{Huaraches: JustFab | Dreamcatcher necklace: flammable hearts | Watch: Adidas // Gold necklace: derng | Heels: madden girl | Bow: JujuBoutique}


I think it's fantastic that a different pair of shoes, the switch of a necklace, or putting your hair up can make a maxi skirt as versatile as your favorite pair of tried-and-true blue jeans! The right mix can take your maxi from day to night, casual to the office, and everywhere in-between!

Here are some more ways to pump up and transition your maxi skirts! 



Day to Night!

Beach to Brunch!

Weekend to Work!


Ready, set, try this trend!
Please pay me a visit over at The Daily Dani and say hello! 

 Sharon, thanks so much for having me here at The Tiny Heart! 

** 
Thanks so much Dani, for showing us all these maxi skirt looks!

Remember to enter my SkinCare Rx gift card giveaway!

37 comments:

  1. Such a cute post - love all the looks!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i love all these looks and i can't wait to check out dani's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post! I love all the looks!

    xoxo dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the different ways to wear a maxi! I'm officially obsessed with maxis and how comfortable they are.

    Xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. necklace is cool!!
    http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love maxi skirts, I'll be wearing lots this summer. Cute post!

    xo
    Ashley
    http://www.ashnfashn.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas for maxi skirts! I might have to try some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't believe maxi skirts were back either, but I picked one up at Old Navy a couple weeks ago and have been stumped as to how to wear it. These are great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love her styling picks!
    Have a fab Tuesday Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these looks. I just got a maxi skirt and was afraid I could only think of one way to wear it.

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Enter My Giveway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE styling a maxi! it's my favorite summer piece.

    SO fun to have a guest blogger! love it

    xo,

    wardrobe girls
    www.wardrobesimetandliked.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that maxi skirt :) u look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the 2 ways you styled it, so cute!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  14. i don't own any maxi skirts! but i am on the hunt for the perfect one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both the looks and such great styling inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great photo of that gold necklace and black & white top! day to night outfits are the best!

    xo's, Vanessa

    http://fashiongalfireman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That snake print necklace is calling my name.. Great pairings! Now I have to dig out my old black maxi out of the closet!

    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com/

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love the T-shirt with the maxi skirt!

    Sara
    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/2012/05/double-dot.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a long black maxi skirt that has been sitting in my closet for about 5 years...and it has been worn 1x for the blog... These are some great ideas she shared!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the 'beach to brunch' look. I always need a shower after the beach though. I am usually one greasy, stanky (not to be confused with 'stinky') mess.

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh...loving the "night" version of the Day to Night Maxi look. Gosh, I have a maxi dress, but for some reason it feels so fancy to me. Thanks for the tips for dressing it down! :) Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just purchased my first maxi skirt, and this is perfect inspiration to figure out how the heck to wear it! Thanks lady
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great guest post! Going to check Dani out now! I think Maxi skirts are the hardest thing to style, but her ideas really inspired me! High five!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  24. love this guest post - great ideas for the maxi!!

    sarahsavvystle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Maxi skirts and so comfy and fun!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love her style!


    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been following Dani for almost a year now (following her blog obviously, otherwise that just shounds creepy lol)! I love her style! Small (blog)world to see her guest posting here!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love maxis! And every way she paired this is so great.

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  29. So cute! I love Maxi's! Going to check out this lovely girl now!:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ahh, my girl Dani, working those maxi's! U go girly!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow there are so many different ways to style a maxi and all the ideas are awesome! Very inspiring post, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I looooooove that beach to brunch chevron maxi skirt! Drool!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  33. love that shade of toe nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great inspirations for wearing Maxi skirts. I have been wanting to get one for a while!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. i am loving maxi dresses right now, and love what you are wearing and love the style picks! great guest post. :) i'll be sure to check your blog out. :)

    have a great day, both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. day to work is my favorite! you have such a cute blog and you are so pretty- you could be an actress. :)

    I am now your NEWEST FOLLOWER GFC! I hope you can stop by my blog and let me know what you think, and follow me back too. I also have other blog connects. so if you want to follow each other via any others let me know too.

    God bless always,
    christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)