The Tiny Heart: Guest Post: Jessica Chronicled

4.02.2012

Guest Post: Jessica Chronicled

Today the lovely Jessica from Jessica Chronicled is with us today to talk about color blocking. I'm so pleased to welcome her as my first guest blogger! I love seeing the super cute outfits she comes up with, reading about her married life, and seeing her adorable puppy named Bear (you will fall in love with him, I swear!).

***
Hello Tiny Heart readers! My name is Jessica and I blog over at Jessica Chronicled. I was so excited when Sharon wanted me to guest post here because I just love her style, and because I also have a hubby-picture-taker. They're the best.

So today I wanted to discuss color blocking with you all (by the way, I never know if it's one word or two? or hyphenated?).  There are so many bright colors + pastels out there in the spring color palette so it makes color blocking even easier. Sometimes it can be a little tricky to mix and match colors, so one thing you can always is try is throwing in a neutral.

In this outfit, I toned down my bright blue pants and red heels with a neutral creamy color on top. Had I chosen a bright yellow top instead, it could have worked, but it also could have turned into a big Crayola disaster. So I played it off with the cream.




 Lace Blouse: Questhaven (HERE), Tank: Kohl's, Pants: TJMaxx (similar), Shoes: INC (very similar)

 It's definitely good to take risks with your style, but just trying color blocking for the first time can be scary if you have never tried it before (or sometimes even if you have). Plus, neutrals always keep it classy, so they work well with all colors. Of course there are no right or wrong answers, but sometimes guidelines help. For some unknown reason I find it easier to get myself dressed in the morning when I have a plan rather than just trying to pick out + pair whatever my little heart desires.

So, I want to know YOUR opinion. What do you think about color blocking? What's your favorite color combination? Right now mine is definitely pink + red.

*** 
Interested in being doing a guest post for The Tiny Heart? Email me at thetinyheart@gmail.com and we'll talk!

27 comments:

  1. She's adorable, love that lacy top :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute guest post! Absolutely love the lace top & the colourblocked heels + pants are a great combination :)

    <3 Shawna
    Serpentine Streets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me guest post Sharon! I didn't realize I was your first ever guest poster! That makes it kinda special right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Jessica! It makes it super special :) Thanks again dear!

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit! The color combination is so pretty!

    Xo,
    Angela
    Headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love the combo of the blue and white with a hint of red! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable guest blogger! that lacy top works so well with the color blocking.

    i'm loving cobalt blue right now - with orange or red. also loving pink and red.

    http://www.lepetisme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great guest blogger, love that top - it is soo lovely!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lace top and those pretty red peep toes are just darling together!! Great style.

    XO,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great guest post! Loving all that is color blocking!! Such a fun trend! Going to check Jessica out now!
    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll definitely visit Jessica's blog! I like colour blocking! A year ago I didn't like the trend, it was too bright and felt a bit too 80-90s ish..but now I like it. Love that place top she is wearing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel about the neon trend, Bessie! But maybe I'll change my tune about it with time. :)

      Delete
  11. Soo cute! I love that lace top!

    Colorblocking is the best and you do it well!

    Kirsten
    {travandkirk.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  12. simply adore her! and all that color blocking is making me happy! need to get some colored pants asap!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is too cute! I love color blocking but is it weird to say that it's just not my thing?! I always mean to do it and by the end of getting dressed I'm in something not color blocked LOL...I blame the ADHD?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Lori! Colorblocking requires planning in advance I guess!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for your comment!
    You look great!
    x
    http://confettifashionblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. what an adorable outfit!! beautiful top too!! I saw you won a giveaway on putting me together - congrats! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like everything in this outfit! Pretty lace top, blue jeans, and red shoes! Now I want to wear red shoes tomorrow!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jessica is awesome! I love those cobalt blue jeans. Gorgeous heels.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. As a petite gal, I like to have a clean line of color in my outfits, so I look taller. I don't know if it is real color blocking or not, but I do like wearing blue and green together, or pink and green. I will wear a blue necklace, or carry a pink purse. My hats and shoes are usually neutral. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  19. so lovely! you look amazing!

    love it love it!

    xx

    http://shoesncoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Am I allowed to copy you and go buy this top?

    Rebecca
    twenty-somethingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)