The Tiny Heart: Green + Blue Gingham

1.03.2012

Green + Blue Gingham

                             Sweater, Button Down, & Handbag-H&M, Jeans-Abercrombie, Flats-Target
                            Close up of shirt, cuffed. Love that it has a different pattern!

Today's outfit was inspired by Lily from Lily's Style (this post). I love the emerald green offset by the blue shirt underneath. I'm trying hard to incorporate more color into my winter wardrobe. I have a tendency of wearing a lot of grey and black when it's cold out. I guess I can't help it after living in Manhattan (what New Yorker doesn't love head to toe black?), but putting on a vibrant color might just be the cure for the winter blahs. I feel more fabulous already! And I didn't break the bank with the sweater on sale for $12 (originally $19.80) and the button down at $19.99 (snagged the last size 2!).

Do you have a colorful winter wardrobe?

16 comments:

  1. Love that color combo Sharon...looks great :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gingham. I just got a gingham shirt at the J. Crew outlet and I want to pair it with every thing! Also, random question, what kind of dogs do you have?

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara! This post has better pictures of my dogs:
    http://thetinyheart.blogspot.com/2011/12/little-introduction.html

    Jinx (the one that sneaked into this post) is a pit mix. We don't know what he's mixed with since he was a rescue. My other dog Oliver is a puggle.

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! I love layering collared shirts under sweater during the winter. And I definitely like the green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great cozy winter look! I love layering like this - especially with a bright color and a fun pattern. Also, such a deal you got for both pieces!

    XO - Marion
    PS - happy to be your newest follower ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Blue and green is always a winning combo in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also guilty of gravitating towards black and gray but I love this blue and green combo, gorgeous.

    http://confessionsoftheglitterati.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really do need to get a brighter winter wardrobe and your post definitely encouraged me to do that! Love the outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon,

    Your dogs are adorable! I have an Anatolian Shepherd and 2 Maine Coon cats...all rescued. Yes, my house is covered in pet hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marion, thanks for being follower 13! Woohoo!

    Tara, Anatolian Shepherds are beautiful! There's one that is always at my dog park. Our dogs are also rescues :) My place is covered in dog hair too...I get mad every time I wear black.

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love bright kelly green - love that bright preppy look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love gingham tops and I don't have enough of them. Great colour combo!
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE it, you look great! It looks so good with a white bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the blue and green together - great color combo you're rockin'! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit! The off set of the colors looks adorable together:)


    http://girlbhindthereddoor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! :)